The GCAS is working towards bringing a Football program to provide additional support and development opportunities to aspiring young male and female football athletes of the Gold Coast region.
Development programs will include specific skill development for players with regular training being offered focusing on individual skills. In addition to on-field training sessions and competition opportunities, athletes receive access to educational seminars to assist with their personal development off the playing field. Players will also be taken through specific running sessions in the hope of improving their balance and efficiency on the field.
These sessions will be delivered by professional presenters in their field and value-add to the knowledge being offered.
GCAS football athletes must apply and be accepted into the program. All athletes who apply will be assessed and formally informed of the academy program inclusions, expectations and requirements.
Should you be interested in learning more about the programs being offered, please do not hesitate to contact the Academy for further information.
To be eligible for the GCAS football program, athletes must be:
- Male or female aged between 12 – 18 years of age in the year of the program. Athletes outside of this age bracket (e.g. 10/11 or 19 years) may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A resident of the Gold Coast region (defined by the boundaries of Gold Coast / Scenic Rim / Logan City Councils).
The aim of the GCAS football program is to bridge the gap and provide the further support and development for athletes from the junior representative ranks to progress into higher representation within the club or school regional competition.
- Access to further educational opportunities provided by GCAS.
- Access to attend educational seminars, presentations and special events through the GCAS.
- Access to the GCAS TeamApp for streamlined communication opportunities with coaches and ease of access to additional information and resources from the GCAS