The Gold Coast Academy of Sport is pleased to be conducting short, intensive clinics, on Jumps and Speed. These programs will be conducted over two days during each school holidays.
The clinic would be beneficial to young developing athletes who would like to learn how to run more efficiently which may lead to being quicker and stronger in their specific sport. Previous athletes have benefited from understanding the basics of being more balanced when running. The focus of sessions will be on individual skill needs and understanding of basic technique and fitness.
Coaches will be led by Olympic Gold Medallist, Glynis Nunn.
To be eligible for an academy Speed Clinic, athletes must be:
- Males or females aged between U12 to U18
- A current financial member of a local Athletics club located within the Queensland Gold Coast region or be affiliated with the club of their chosen sport
- Aspiring to achieve further representation and improvement in their sport or athletics
To be eligible for a GCAS Speed Clinic, athletes must be:
- U/12 – U18 years of age
- Currently residing in the Gold Coast City Council
- A current registered member of QLD sporting club
To gain knowledge on how to run more efficiently which will lead to becoming quicker and more balanced. Knowledge will also be gained from educational sessions to help with progression in ways to recover, gain strength and how to approach sport. Sessions which may be held are Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Strength and Conditioning and others, depending on the needs of the group.
Glynis Nunn OAM – Coordinator